Throughout the year, we get numerous inquiries about how the join Active Cambridge and, if you’re a quality physical activity provider in our community, WE WANT YOU! So here, in brief is the Who, What, Why, When, and how of Active Cambridge.
WHO is Active Cambridge? We are a bunch of like-minded, active providers, enthusiasts, supporters, participants, and administrators dedicated to help raise the fitness levels of our Cambridge community. (we’re also a charitable, non-profit organization).
WHAT we do is work collectively over the course of the year to promote and support an active lifestyle and increase participation in our community. This tricky balance of working together is supported by our shared belief in an abundance mentality and the principles of an active city:
1. The ACCEPTANCE of the universal holistic benefits of participation physical activity.
2. A clear UNDERSTANDING of the problem of lack of participation in physical activity is an individual and motivational problem.
3. The frequency, intensity, and time that it takes to reap the benefits of physical activity participation are relatively fixed but the TYPE of activity engaged in is variable.
4. An ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that human beings are infinitely diverse but share the common tendency of using storytelling to make sense of the world around them and thus sharing stories provides the opportunity to connect, inspire, and positively influence others.
5. An AGREEMENT that more can be achieved through cooperation as opposed to competition.
More about our principles and goals HERE… http://www.activecambridge.ca/principles-and-goals.html
WHY do we do this? WE LOVE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, we want more people involved, and, hey, there’s enough negative things out there, why not do something positive for a change.
WHEN is a good time to join? We accept new, enthusiastic members who share our vision all year long.
HOW do you get involved? Take a look at our membership page, contact our awesome community activator, or, even better, join our AGM and meet us in person! See you soon!
2015 Active Cambridge AGM
Monday, January 19th
Cambridge City Hall, Bowman Room